Blog sharing study in australia experience

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not posting for really long time. There were many things which went wrong during these 2 months.

I Lost a very close friend which i knew since early days of university. The worst part was the cause of death. Anyway i am all over it and i am looking forward to other good development happening around me.

Life has been a rollercoaster ride for a long time now and i have realized its again time to make decisions. Well my work demands me to move places. But since i have been here for such short time i dont believe i m ready for such a change so soon. Like my life was looking in control i knew my local supermarket check out girl had the tap at the nearest Chinese food joint. Had Friends scattered all over the joint.

But there was something in my mind saying that you are not meant for the place and go somewhere else in life. Well i hinted this out to the management and next thing i hear is orders to pack bags as soon as current planned period is over.

Well now due to my job requirements my management and somewhere myself i want to do an MBA. Now doing an MBA is certainly a good thing but selecting a major is a seperate issue altogether. Now where i stand currently is with a stance to do an MBA with Finance and Marketing Major.

Now when i propose this to my company head he was not happy to here about it. He wanted me to go and do MBA(IT). So that management skills i gain should concentrate towards the vertical industry i work in.

Now i am not in a favor as such to do a field specific MBA as i believe this defeats the purpose of doing an MBA. I believe specialization of one should come based on experience one has gain during the years before MBA or after based on theoritical knowledge gained.

Now based on this our CFO recommended to me to go on for MBA/MSE. Now doing this kind of program will satisfy my hunger for Finance or Marketing Major and satisify company requirements for exposure in IT project management field via MSE.

Now this is a really big decision to go in for such a program. As first of all amount of efforts required from my side will be double. Beside this the program length in itself is 32 Months. Which is 2 1/2 year of study. I dont know i will be able to sustain so long or not in a course. Beside they want me to part-time work as Project Manager at the designated regional office in which ever country i go on to pursue a degree.

For instance the corporation has expanded to UK recently and they are encouraging me to find a program there to take admission.

I have personal liking for USA if i have to do MSE in any case due to the available exposure of latest technologies. Beside there are already lot of clients for our company in the region. Would like to go and meet them build trust and ensure more business generation from the region .Though this is still in speculation you dont understand a market till you have spent some time there.

Its a big gamble and surely would like people to pour in some advice. If you people know any better program for me do post a reply for me to visit.

Secondly Karan specially for you i will start some C++ tutorials here so that you can get pass 12th grade and into good university.

Beside other than this guys

have fun and enjoy

Siddharth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home